Q: What is the Leaderboard?
- The Leaderboard is a method to keep track of all Clan member’s contributions towards solving/finding keys.
- It also defines how a portion of The Prize will be distributed to Clan members when ToshiCiphers wins.
Q: How do I get on the Leaderboard?
- First you become a member of the ToshiCiphers Clan. See the pinned post in the Telegram Unity Hub room
- Help solve a key, get points !
- That simple.
Q: What is the process for assigning Leaderboard points?
- 1,000 points will be available for the Leaderboard per Key.
- These points will be split up amongst Clan members that directly helped in the solve/retrieval of a key.
- The points will be assigned after solving/retreiving of the key by the TCOGs that are responsible for that Key.
Q: How does this apply to location based/mini hunt Keys?
- The first Clan member to retrieve a location based key will will receive the majority of points for that key.
- A smaller amount of points will be awareded Clan members who were “remote support” support for the location based hunter or retrieved the key themsleves later.
- Note: If you are planning to retrieve a location based Key you should let a TCOG know first before you go. There is a specific process we need you to follow to properly retrieve the key. Otherwise we may not know you are there and be able to award you the points.
- Same for “video keys” for location based hunts. Let a TCOG know you are interested in making a video of your adventure. We will try our best to rotate who gets points for these keys to share the wealth.
Q: How does this apply to solved based Keys?
- The Clan member that gets the final solve gets a lot of points.
- Those Clan members that helped with information leading to the final solve get points.
- The split for these keys will vary some based on how long it takes to solve the key and how many people were involved in the final solution.
Q: What about clues that have multiple Keys?
- 1,000 points per Key still.
- DLive was a good example of this. 6 Keys, 6,000 points total for the Leaderboard.
Q: How is The Prize going to be split?
- We’ve had lots of discussions with Clan members on this to create a method that will be fair to all.
- The result of these discussions are that 70% of The Prize (whatever it ends up being) will go to the Leaderboard.
- 30% of The Prize will be split amongst TCOG for all the extra work that is required for managing the Clan and Clan efforts to win The Prize.
Q: If TCOG are getting a portion of The Prize, do they still get Leaderboard points?
- The short answer is yes.
- Originally we had though it better to not have TCOG participate in the Leaderboard. Under this approach though, the percentage of The Prize going to the Leaderboard would be smaller.
- We ultimately decided it was better to have a smaller amount of The Prize go to TCOG and each TCOG had to earn their way for the rest through the Leaderboard, just like everyone else.
Q: Do I have to be a member of the Clan to get on the Leaderboard?
- We understand life outside the hunt is a priority. You may be inactive for periods of time.
- As long as TC remains in your tag and you communicate with a TCOG on a regular basis you are good.
- You cannot leave Clan and come back and expect to share in The Prize though.
Q: What happens if The Prize is not won by the Clan?
- Then unfortunately leaderboard points to not lead to real money.
- They are good for bragging rights though !